The Amazon Flute

When my dear friend Emily went from China to Peru to go down the Amazon River, she brought me back this traditional wooden flute, stating that she thought I would enjoy figuring out how to play it. I did. Jamie, my roommate, probably didn't enjoy me trying to figur out how to play it.
Because she gave it to me after my shipment had left to go to Switzerland, I had to bring it with me to Ghana. And what a good idea that turned out to be. Many hours passed unknowingly on its sole account.



To advertise the graduation festivities to neighbouring villages, we took two days, the kids, the drums and a lot of posters and signs to the neighbouring communities and paraded through their streets and markets, singing, dancing, handing out information and generally attracting attention. This is a picture of out parade and another of me dancing at de Yunction market with Jakob. ...